Looking through the archives of their "News" tabs I could see that since the last three rate adjustments have seen a pretty balanced raising and lowering. See how they have evolved below. The screen shot is one of many pricing zones. They can be seen in their entirety at http://sfpark.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/SFpark_rateadjustments_MeterAdj4_120207.pdf
Fourth Rate Adjustment (2/9/12):
• Decrease by 50¢ during 5% of metered hours
• Decrease by 25¢ during of 30% of metered hours
• Stay the same 39% of metered hours
• Increase by 25¢ during 26% of metered hours
Third rate adjustment (12/9/11), meter rates:
- Decreased by 50¢ during 6% of metered hours
- Decreased by 25¢ during of 29% of metered hours
- Stayed the same 38% of metered hours
- Increased by 25¢ during 27% of metered hours
10 percent of rates decreased by $0.50
25 percent decreased by $0.25
33 percent stayed the same
32 percent increased by $0.25.
The first rate adjustment (7/11/11) saw the following price changes:
- More than two-thirds of the new rates at SFpark meters were the same or lower than the old rates.
- The new lowered rates were adjusted down by 25¢ or 50¢ to as low as $1.75/hour in some places.
- The remaining one-third of the rates rose by 25¢ to $2.25, $3.25 or $3.75/hour depending on the current rate.